So I wanted to take a minute to write a post about some of the common problems I’ve seen when using a computer cuz I think they will help other people as well.
1. Keep your computer updated! So many people don’t use Windows updates to keep the system fresh. You need to do this!
2. Restart your computer! Again so many people never restart their computers and then wonder why they run slow. Duh!!! Just restart it every now and then.
3. Stay away from risky sites. I must admit, I’ve been guilty myself of going to questionable sites. Usually it results in viruses or other computer issues especially if you don’t have a scanner installed. Stay away from those sites and you should be ok.
4. Ask for help from someone you know. Before I was really good with computers I had to get help from some people who knew a lot more than I did. Now that I use them a lot, I am pretty good at helping people with their computer problems. As long as you aren’t constantly pestering someone, they will usually be glad to help.
5. If you get a specific error, be sure to figure out what it is and fix it as quickly as you can. In my case, one of the errors I got that was difficult to deal with was the svchost one. From what I’ve seen, it’s related to Symantec but I wasn’t sure so I asked someone for help. Sure enough, it can be fixed and cured. Not a big deal at all.
6. Find good sources of helpful information. I’ve seen tons of sites that don’t offer much value, but one i like is called the error boss.
7. Scan your computer for viruses. Again, if you stay away from risky sites and scan your computer, you should be ok. In some cases you should manually scan for viruses though to make sure everything is good to go.
Hopefully those easy tips helped you and if you have any questions just email me.